Monday, December 1, 2014

The scale doesn't lie!

Well I did it. I was brave. After I woke up this morning (5 am - ugh), I stepped on the scale.

As softly as possible, of course. And it wasn't so bad!!!! It could have been worse!!! Yes, I gained back a few pounds. But, I'm hoping that this is mostly water weight and will shed off this week.

Originally, my goal was to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving and 15 pounds by Christmas. Since I only lost 8 pounds by Thanksgiving and I ate like a pig while in West Virginia, it probably isn't realistic to think that I'll lose a total of 15 pounds by Christmas.

7 pounds in three weeks just ain't going to happen.

But, I'm going to go for 12. Which means, according to my weight this morning, I'll have to lose about 4 pounds over the next three weeks.

To this end, I hit the gym today and, according to my heart rate monitor, I burned close to 600 calories. Go me! I did 20 minutes walking on the treadmill at a steep incline, 20 minutes on the bike, and 10 minutes on the elliptical. I'll really need to keep this up until Christmas if I want to see results.

Part of me wants to try the 10 day advocare cleanse. I've seen some amazing before and after photos and I like that it isn't a "no eating" type cleanse because I don't play that game. Part of me thinks that for 30 bucks it is worth a shot, but the other part of me knows it is probably a waste of money.