Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Coming Out of the Holi-daze




After a long long long week with the inlaws in West Virgina, I am back at home. While there were many awesome things about the week we spent with family, let me tell you - I don't know if I've ever moved so little and eaten so much. It was like food coma 24/7.



Cookies
Cake
Fast food
Pizza
Chips
Chocolate
Did I mention fast food?

There was a cornucopia of subpar, low quality food around. And I fell for it - hard.

Splurging on a delicious artisan pizza would be one thing, but stuffing my face with papa john's pizza . . .  its just low.

The thing that really makes me mad about the whole situation is that the food didn't even taste good. ALERT: PAPA JOHN'S PIZZA IS NASTY!  I don't enjoy eating it. It makes me feel greasy and gassy and gross.

Any normal, sane person would have been able to walk away from the crap food. But not a food addict. Not me. 

So I ate, a lot. And I didn't exercise at all. And the combination of over eating and under moving put me in a real funk.

I'm slowly slowly slowly coming out of the calorie haze. I went to the gym today for the first time in like two weeks and tried to sweat out the toxins. But, you know what they say  - you can't outrun a bad diet. So while the work out definitely lifted my spirits, I'm not so sure it will negate the impact of last week.

BUT I remain hopeful.

Looking at my spread sheet, IF by the end of December I am down 15 that will mean that I was able to lose 15 pounds in 3 months (October, November, December). IF I can maintain this rate of weight loss, I will be 100% on track to lose 60 pounds by next October (my original goal).

I'm going to work hard this week to make sure I make it to sub fifteen by Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!