Friday, December 12, 2014

Bad Workout

So it happened. I had a bad workout. I felt like crap all day today and by the time 5 o'clock rolled around I REALLY did not want to go the gym. No no no. I was tired. I was hungry. My back hurt. All I wanted was to go home and order pizza.


Let's take a second to think about how delicious pizza is.

mmm

Okay, moving on . . .

I really wanted to go home, sit on the couch, and eat takeout pizza. And I knew that if I brought it up to Neill, there was a possibility that he would agree and that I would be able to spend the evening being a a fabulous coach potato. Doesn't that sound nice?

But, there was also a teeny part of me that remembered the commitment I made to myself to go the gym after work on Fridays. And there was also a small part of me that remembered my goal to lose 15 pounds by Christmas.

So I went. And I had a bad workout. I couldn't get into the groove and each minute was torture. I almost called it quits after 20 minutes. But, I sucked it up and kept going. And for that, I'm proud.



Not every workout is going to be stellar. I am going to have stumbling blocks along the way. But, if I keep on keepin on I have faith that I'll end up where I need to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!