Monday, November 24, 2014

Weight loss

Oh me and my scale are in a love-hate relationship right now. So are me and the gym. And me and food. And everything else having to do with trying to lose weight.

Here is the bottom line . . .

 I got fat. It's true. I own it. I'm not saying that to put myself down - I'm saying it because it is a fact. Over the last two years I got fat. I had a lot going on and I was depressed and blah blah blah. For a while I was stuck beating myself up over this fact. But, I've moved on to the "I'm going to do something about this" stage. Which, if you ask me, is a much better place to be.

So. I joined a gym. And I go. And I've lost 8 pounds. (yay for small victories).

But, the truth of the matter is I have another 50 to lose before I will be just normal fat rather than crazy obese fat. Normal fat I think I might be able to live with after seeing this side of the fat equation. In all honesty, I dream of the day when I'll be normal fat.

Seeing as how I have quite a bit of weight to lose, I'm trying to take the long view. This will be AT LEAST a year long journey. Probably more if I keep eating cheat meals like its my job. It helps me to think about my goals along the way, you know - to break up the humongous goal of losing 60 pounds. Right now, I'm hoping to be -15 by New Years. I think it is doable if I stay on my grind.

Lord help me!