Friday, February 18, 2011

Wonder and Amazement

A post by Jessica at One Shiny Star reminded me to let myself feel more of a sense of wonder and amazement. As I've mentioned before, wonder isn't an emotion I tend to feel much. But, last night in my Community Psychology class we watched a video that amazed me. So, I thought I'd share it with you guys today. If you're a crier like me you might want to grab a few tissues!


I've watched a lot of the It Gets Better videos and they have all amazed me. This one was particularly touching because I think its so important for people in positions of power to come out and speak out against anti-gay hate crimes, homophobia, and heterosexism.

via northernsun.com


I don't speak about my beliefs much on this blog. I don't particularly like debating and I sometimes its easier for me to not know someone's beliefs than to know that they don't support Gay rights. But, watching videos like this it is impossible not to speak up in support of Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual people of all ages. And I'm amazed at the courage and strength Joel Burns showed.

2 comments:

  1. I can't watch the video right now - but I completely agree with you - and only about anti-gay hate crimes, homophobia, and heterosexism, but about hate in general. Hate causes so much pain, and sadly it stems from ignorance. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree - hating on others is bad for the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!